Monday, March 8, 2010

YAY! Just finished my first Sweater


Well this is my very first sweater I have ever made. This is in Creative Knitting Jan 2009. This is knit with mercerized yarn I received in grab bag from Peaches & Creme.

I started this a couple of days after I received this issue. I believe I started it Sept/Oct 2008- I can remember doing it when Hurricane Ike came through TX. I did this outside when I had no power... plus it let the kids have a fun time outside.


Here is the cuff is it is just gorgeous, there are 3 bottoms in the back of the cuff, so you have the option of a closed cuff or an open cuff.


Here is a close up of the front of the sweater. This item fits perfectly. This item may have been a long time coming but i am happy to say it is finished. I am enjoying getting my old projects finished. This was the oldest WIP I had so it should be downhill from there.

2 comments:

Vaughnde said...

WOW That is Gorgeous!

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I'm a little behind in reading my fave blogs, but I'm glad I checked on this one. That sweater is just amazingly beautiful! My mind freezes when I think of all the work that went into it, such fine thread, such little stitches...
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Hugs
Evie
http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com