Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mock Knit Hat in Tunisian Crochet


Click on the photo to see it larger.

Well I figured that I would try doing Tunisian in the round... and I think I got it down pretty good. This method uses one strand of yarn and a flexible crochet hook.

I plan on making a pattern for this with a picture tutorial on how to join in the round.

Can you believe it- this is my first ever project in the round for Tunisian.

The photos below show the same hat flat, and a close up of the join.

Since this is my first project using the TKS, TPS, and decreases it is not that great, so when I do my second hat it should be better put together.

Let me know what you think. This hat is super soft and super stretching as I used a large hook (M/13). I recommend using the Denise Interchangeable hooks, although you can use any flexible hook that is 24" or longer.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have the instructions and pattern when you get it drawn up. It turned out really nice.

Noreen
nboles@charter.net

Pikes said...

I am looking forward to trying the pattern once you've made it. This is really neat! Please post to MoEZ when you have it done.

-Jenn