Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Babu Princess Aurora Afghan

This afghan currently measures 41 1/2" X 48 1 /2", I used an I/9 Tunisian hook. This is going to a 2 year old so I hope she like princesses.... hmmmm.... well the little girl is the only girl in her family so she is a princess LOL.

I have completed the main part of the afghan and now I need to work on the backing and the border. I am waiting for a good coupon from Hobby Lobby to get the fabric... I may be able to get the backing next week as the coupons go back and forth between 40% off everything and wood crafts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I definitely have some practicing to do.
She is going to love that

K9Sasha said...

It's beautiful.

What kind of fabric do you use for the backing? Do you put it on and then do a border over the edge of it, or not cover it with a border? I'm asking because I'm working on a tunisian afghan and want to put a backing on it. Thank you.

Beth said...

K9Sasha,
I typically do mine in a flannel material as it is cotton and it is soft. I do the border after I complete the backing, I like to do lacy borders and it wouldn't look quit right if I covered the border as well. I also hand quilt my backings on (yes it takes longer but has a better look). I will have another post about the backing when I am completed with the afghan.
Thanks Beth

AngelMeag said...

did you do this in blocks or as all one piece? I've only done tunisian stitch once, and that was on a scarf.

Beth said...

AngelMeag - this is made is one large piece.