Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My first Felted Project



Well no one tells you that felting is so much fun as you never know exactly how it will turn out. Now I didn't have enough wool in these colors to make it bigger and I knew the hat would be on the small end. It is Newborn size.... and before I stuck it in the wash it was an XL adult hat LOL. The hat didn't felt completely but I am liking it with a little bit of stitch definition.

Seeing this was my first felted project I was unsure on the brim, but now that it has felted I know that I don't have to add as many stitches... but that is how you get better is learning from your mistakes. I think it is rather cute if I do say so myself.

The hat is made with K/6.5mm hook and working DC around.

The edges are a little fuzzier than I would care for but all in all It turned out rather well for the first try.


No comments: